The location of Aldington and Bonnington, being just above the Romney Marshes and, in the case of Aldington, upon a ‘hurst’ (or hill) means that we all enjoy some spectacular views.
We are seeking to document those views so that they can be recorded as part of the character of our area – and to have a bit of fun whilst doing it, we are launching the Village Views Photography Competition. There is £100 first prize to be won and 5 runner-up prizes of £20. The best photograph will be selected by a judging panel of creative professionals together with Paul O’Grady.
So – whilst out walking to disperse those Lockdown (2) blues… do make sure you have your mobile phone or a camera to hand to enter your Village View into our photography competition. Email your photos to; email@example.com along with details about where the shot was taken and your contact details. If your phone has a compass take a note after you’ve taken the image of the map coordinates. Don’t worry if you don’t have this facility though; we will work it out!
Looking forward to seeing all your lovely photographs and hoping for some autumnal sunshine to make our parish glow.
Closing date for entries: Midnight on Friday 8th January 2021
Terms & Conditions of entry:
- This competition is open to residents and friends of Aldington & Bonnington parishes
- Photographs must be taken within either Aldington & Bonnington parishes and should feature your favourite village views
- Photographs must be original, taken by you and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition
- Photographs should be submitted via email as a .JPG file and be no larger than 5MB in size
- a) Photographs submitted must have been taken between 1 January 2020 and 8 January 2021b) Please provide a date, location and short description to accompany your photograph. If possible please provide map coordinatesc) Entrants may enter no more than 3 different photographs in total
- It is the photographer’s responsibility to obtain any appropriate permissions. Please do not submit photographs that include children unless you have expressly gained the permission of their parent or guardian
- The competition is only open to amateur photographers (defined as someone who does not derive more than 10% of their income from photography)
- The competition is not open to parish council members
- The competition will be judged by creative professionals and local celebrity Paul O’Grady
- Winners will be notified by email, the judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. Prizes are non-negotiable and non-transferable
- Judging will take place after the closing deadline and winners will be notified by the end of January 2021
- All commercial rights to the images remain with the photographers with the following exceptions:
a) Aldington & Bonnington Parish Council have the right to use all entries in any future publicity material, (print or electronic) such as the Neighbourhood Plan, parish magazine or web sites without payment – subject to crediting the original photographer
- By entering this competition you agree to participate in any reasonable publicity that may be generated as a result of the competition